Terms and Conditions
THIS WEBSITE IS OFFERED TO YOU, THE USER, CONDITIONED ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE, WITHOUT MODIFICATION, OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR EXPRESS AGREEMENT TO ALL SUCH TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTIFICATIONS. ANY OF OUR RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE SPECIFICALLY RESERVED.
ANY OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE STEPHANIE STOREY’S ALONE AND NOT THOSE OF HER CLIENTS OR ANY PRODUCTION COMPANIES, STUDIOS, BUSINESSES, OR ORGANIZATIONS FOR WHOM SHE IS ASSOCIATED.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
By using this site, you acknowledge that Stephanie Storey specifically disclaims any liability (whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to or use of this site (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), including, but not limited to, liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user’s computer equipment.
While we endeavour to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, neither we nor our contractors or service providers can be held liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
Stephanie Storey is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing of linked web sites shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time, and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained or provided through the use of this site is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, or loss of data, that results from the use, download or provision of any such material.
Except to the extent required by applicable law, we will not be liable for the unavailability or failure to operate all or any part of the service or system on which this Site is accessed, viewed or used.
LIMITATION ON YOUR USAGE
You may not modify, copy, distribute, license, transmit, reproduce, disseminate, display, transfer or sell, or offer for sale, any information, material, product, or service viewed on or obtained from this Site without express permission.
PERSONAL DETAILS AND YOUR PRIVACY
• We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with legal obligations;
• We are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• We have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
1. Personal Data I Collect Via My Website [StephanieStorey.com] (the “Website”) Personal Data that you provide to me: I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign-up to receive free content, including eBooks, videos, and offers from my newsletter:
• Email address
• First & Last name
• Any Additional Personal Data which you provide in the optional fields such as birthdays, so that we can send you good wishes on your special day, or Zipcode so we can alert you when the author might be on tour in your area, interests so that we may tailor content to you, and a setting for the frequency you’d wish to be contacted.
2. Use of Your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of our website;
• respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
• improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of Your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below: we share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
4. Retention Periods for Use of Your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
6. Access to and Control Over Your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email [email@example.com]:
• see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
• ask me to delete your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data; withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me. If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Affiliate Programs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
10. Contact Me
Stephanie Storey, Author
Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this).
Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on my site. However if you are still looking for more information you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
The contact page on this site or email: email@example.com